Prof. Yang received his PhD in 1993 from the Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Wales College of Cardiff, UK. He is now leading the Renewable Energy Research Group (RERG) in the Department of Building Services Engineering. His research interests cover a number of R&D topics in renewable energy applications and energy saving in buildings including solar photovoltaic integration in buildings, wind power, hybrid solar-wind power and ground-coupled heat pump technologies and indirect evaporative cooling of air-conditioning systems.
As a principal investigator, Prof. Yang has completed over 60 research and development projects, and obtained over HK$40 million grants from local and mainland funding bodies such as Hong Kong Research Grant Council (RGC), Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC), Hong Kong Construction Industry Council, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Ministry of Science and Technology of P. R. China, The Society of Hong Kong Scholars, and industries like SHKP, Sino Group, CLP, HKE, Han’s Laser, CSCE, Rixin Technology and so on. He has also been involved in research and development collaborations with local governmental departments like EMSD, WSD, DSD and HA. He and his research group members have developed a number of innovative technologies and solved many engineering problems for the local society, government and industry.
Prof Yang has over 480 academic papers and 7 co-authored professional books published, including more than 250 SCI journal papers published. According to the ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2016, he was on the list of 150 world most-cited researchers with impactful research in the disciplines of Civil Engineering. He has been listed as “Highly Cited Researcher” from 2017 to 2020 reported from Clarivate. He is now serving the International Journal of Applied Energy as Editor and the Solar Energy Society of Hong Kong as President.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
· MCIBSE (1994-2010), Member of Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering, UK.
· CEng (1995-2010), Chartered Engineer of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering, Engineering Council, UK.
· MHKIE (1996-2009), Member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, Hong Kong.
· MASHRAE (1998-2010), Member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning, USA.
· RPE (Building Services Engineering) (1998 to present), Registered Professional Engineer, Hong Kong.
· FHKIE (2009 to present), Fellow of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineering, Hong Kong.
Selected Major Publications
· Qiliang Wang, Honglun Yang, Mingke Hu, Jingyu Cao, Gang Pei, Hongxing Yang. Optimization strategies and verifications of negative thermal-flux region occurring in parabolic trough solar receiver, Vol.278, Article 123407, Cleaner Production, Jan 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123407
· Haiying Sun and Hongxing Yang. Wind Turbine Power Modelling and Optimization Using Artificial Neural Network with Wind Field Experimental Data, Applied Energy, Vol.280, Article 115880, Dec 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2020.115880
· You Tian and Yang Hongxing. Influences of different factors on the three-dimensional heat transfer of spiral-coil energy pile group with seepage. International Journal of Low-Carbon Technologies, Volume 15, Issue 3, pp.485-470, August 2020. https://doi.org/10.1093/ijlct/ctaa006
· Haiying Sun, Xiaoxia Gao, Hongxing Yang. A review of full-scale wind-field measurements of the wind-turbine wake effect and measurement of the wake-interaction effect. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Vol.132, Article 110042, Oct 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2020.110042
· Jiyun Du, Zhicheng Shen, Hongxing Yang. Study on the effects of runner geometries on the performance of the inline cross-flow turbine used in water pipelines. Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, Volume 40, Article 100762, Aug 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seta.2020.100762
· Donggen Peng, Shaohua Xu, Hongxing Yang. Heat and mass transfer characteristics and dehumidification performance improvement of an evaporatively-cooled liquid dehumidifier. Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.178, Article 115579, Sep 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2020.115579
· Qiu Changyu, Yang Hongxing. Daylighting and overall energy performance of a novel semi-transparent photovoltaic vacuum glazing in different climate zones. Vol.276, Applied Energy, Article 115414, Oct 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2020.115414
· Haiying Sun, Xiaoxia Gao, Hongxing Yang. Experimental study on wind speeds in a complex-terrain wind farm and analysis of wake effects. Applied Energy, Vol.272, Article 115215, Aug 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2020.115215
· Qiliang Wang, Hongxing Yang, Pei Gang, Honglun Yang, Jingyu Cao, Mingke Hu. Assessment of performance enhancement potential of a high-temperature parabolic trough collector system combining the optimized IR-reflectors. Applied Sciences, Vol.10, No.11, Article 3744, May 2020. https://doi.org/10.3390/app10113744
· Boxu Shen, Yuanhao Wang, Lin Lu, Hongxing Yang. Synthesis and characterization of Sb-doped SnO2 with high near-infrared shielding property for energy-efficient windows by a facile dual-titration co-precipitation method. Ceramics International, Volume 46, Issue 11, Part B1, pp.18518-18525, August 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2020.04.157
· Liu Jia, Chen Xi, Wang Meng, Peng Jinqing, Yang Hongxing. Techno-economic design optimization of hybrid renewable energy applications for high-rise residential buildings. Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 213, Article 112868, June 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2020.112868
· Qiliang Wang, Honglun Yang, Shuai Zhong, Yihang Huang, Mingke Hu, Jingyu Cao, Gang Pei, Hongxing Yang. Comprehensive experimental testing and analysis on parabolic trough solar receiver integrated with radiation shield. Applied Energy, Volume 26815, Article 115004, June 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2020.115004
· Yunran Min, Yi Chen, Hongxing Yang, Chunmei Guo. Characteristics of primary air condensation in indirect evaporative cooler: Theoretical analysis and visualized validation. Building and Environment, Volume 174, Article 106783, May 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2020.106783
· Changyu Qiu, Yun Kyu Yi, Meng Wang, Hongxing Yang. Coupling an artificial neuron network daylighting model and building energy simulation for vacuum photovoltaic glazing. Applied Energy, Vol.2631, Article 114624, April 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2020.114624
· Qiliang Wang, Honglun Yang, Shuai Zhong, Yihang Huang, Mingke Hu, Jingyu Cao, Hongxing Yang, Gang Pei. Quantitative analyses and a novel optimization strategy on negative energy-flow region in parabolic trough solar receivers. Solar Energy, Volume 196, pp.663-672, Jan 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2019.09.025
· Tian You, Hongxing Yang. Feasibility of ground source heat pump using spiral coil energy piles with seepage for hotels in cold regions. Energy Conversion and Management. Volume 205, Article 112466, Feb 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2020.112466
· Mark Kyeredey Ansah, Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang, Lin Lu, Patrick T. I. Lam. An integrated life cycle assessment of different façade systems for a typical residential building in Ghana. Sustainable Cities and Society, Volume 53, Article 101974, February 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2019.101974
· Xi Chen, Junchao Huang, Hongxing Yang. Multi-criterion optimization of integrated photovoltaic facade with inter-building effects in diverse neighborhood densities. Journal of Cleaner Production. Vol.248, Article 119269, March 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.119269
· Jia Liu, Chen Xi, Li Yutong, Yang Hongxing. Energy storage and management system design optimization for a photovoltaic integrated low-energy building Energy, Energy, Volume 190, Article 116424, Jan 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.116424
· Haiying Sun, Hongxing Yang. Numerical investigation of the average wind speed of a single wind turbine and development of a novel three-dimensional multiple wind turbine wake model. Renewable Energy, Volume 147, Part 1, pp.192-203, March 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2019.08.122
· W. F. He, D. Han, T. Wen, H. X. Yang, J. J. Chen. Thermodynamic and economic analysis of a combined plant for power and water production. Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 228, pp.521-532, August 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.04.140
· Haiying Sun, Xiaoxia Gao, Hongxing Yang. Validations of three-dimensional wake models with the wind field measurements in complex terrain. Energy, Volume 189, Article 116213, December 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.116213
· Yunran Min, Yi Chen, Hongxing Yang. A statistical modeling approach on the performance prediction of indirect evaporative cooling energy recovery systems, Applied Energy, Vol.255, Article 113832, Dec 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113832
· Xiaoxia Gao, Tengyuan Wang, Bingbing Li, Haiying Sun, Hongxing Yang, Zhonghe Han, Yu Wang, Fei Zhao. Investigation of wind turbine performance coupling wake and topography effects based on LiDAR measurements and SCADA data. Applied Energy, Vol.255, Article 113816, Dec 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113816
· Weifeng He, Hongxing Yang, Dong Han. Thermodynamic investigation and optimization of a heat pump coupled open-air, open-water humidification dehumidification desalination system with a direct contact dehumidifier. Desalination, Volume 469, Article 116213, November 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.desal.2019.114101
· Bin Zou, Yiqiang Jiang, Yang Yao, Hongxing Yang. Optical performance of parabolic trough solar collectors under condition of multiple optical factors. Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 160, Article 114070, Sep 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2019.114070
· Bin Zou, Yiqiang Jiang, Yang Yao, Hongxing Yang. Impacts of non-ideal optical factors on the performance of parabolic trough solar collectors. Energy, Volume 183, pp.1150-1165, Sep 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.07.024
· Yi Chen, Huaxia Yan, Yimo Luo, Hongxing Yang. A proportional-integral (PI) law based variable speed technology for temperature control in indirect evaporative cooling system. Applied energy, Volume 251, Article 113390, Oct 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.113390
· Tiantian Zhang and Hongxing Yang. Heat transfer pattern judgment and thermal performance enhancement of insulation air layers in building envelopes. Applied Energy, Vol.250, pp. 834-845, September 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.05.070
· Mark Kyeredey Ansah, Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang, Lin Lu, Patrick T I Lam. A review and outlook for integrated BIM application in green building assessment. Sustainable Cities and Society, Vol.48, Article 101576, July 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scs.2019.101576
· W. F. He, D. Han, T. Wen, H. X. Yang, J. J. Chen. Thermodynamic and economic analysis of a combined plant for power and water production. Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol.228, pp.521-532, Aug 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.04.140
· Haiying Sun, Xiaoxia Gao, Hongxing Yang. Investigation into offshore wind farm repowering optimization in Hong Kong, Low Carbon Technologies, Volume 14, Issue 2, pp.302-311, June 2019. https://doi.org/10.1093/ijlct/ctz016
· Ying Yu, Enshen Long, Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang. Testing and modelling an unglazed photovoltaic thermal collector for application in Sichuan Basin. Applied Energy, Vol.242, pp.931-941, May 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.03.114
· Y. Yu, H. Yang, J. Peng, E. Long. Performance comparison of two flat-plate photovoltaic thermal collectors with different channel configurations. Energy, Vol.175, pp.300-308, May 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.03.054
· Bin Zou, Yiqiang Jiang, Yang Yao, Hongxing Yang. Thermal performance improvement using unilateral spiral ribbed absorber tube for parabolic trough solar collector. Solar Energy, Vol.183, pp.371-385, May 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2019.03.048
· Jia Liu, Xi Chen, Sunliang Cao, Hongxing Yang. Overview on hybrid solar photovoltaic-electrical energy storage technologies for power supply to buildings. Energy Conversion & Management, Vol.187, pp.103-121, May 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2019.02.080
· Tiantian Zhang, Hongxing Yang. Flow and heat transfer characteristics of natural convection in vertical air channels of double-skin solar façades. Applied Energy, Vol.242, pp.107-120, May 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2019.03.072
· Xi Chen and Hongxing Yang. Approaching low-energy high-rise building by integrating passive architectural design with photovoltaic application. Vol.220, pp.313-330, Journal of Cleaner Production, May 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.02.137
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang. Energy optimization of high-rise commercial buildings integrated with photovoltaic facades in urban context. Energy, Vol.172, pp.1-17, April 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2019.01.112
· Tao Ma, Hongxing Yang, Wenbo Gu, Zhenpeng Li, Siyun Yan. Development of walkable photovoltaic floor tiles used for pavement. Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 183, pp.764-771, March 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2019.01.035
· Haiying Sun, Hongxing Yang, Xiaoxia Gao. Investigation into spacing restriction and layout optimization of wind farm with multiple types of wind turbines. Energy, Vol.168, pp.637-650, February 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2018.11.073
· Yunran Min, Yi Chen and Hongxing Yang. Numerical study on indirect evaporative coolers considering condensation: a thorough comparison between cross flow and counter flow. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 131, pp.472-486, March 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2018.11.082
· Weifeng He, Hongxing Yang, Tao Wen, Dong Han. Thermodynamic and economic investigation of a humidification dehumidification desalination system driven by low grade waste heat. Energy Conversion and Management, Vol.183, pp.845-858, March 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2018.10.044
· Changyu Qiu, Hongxing Yang, Weilong Zhang. Investigation on the energy performance of a novel semi-transparent BIPV system integrated with vacuum glazing. Building Simulation, Vol.12, Issue 1, pp 29–39, February 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12273-018-0464-6
· Mai Li, Hongxing Yang, Yuanhao Wang, Lianwei Wang, Paul K. Chu. Core-shell CoMoO4@Ni(OH)(2) on ordered macro-porous electrode plate for high-performance supercapacitor. Electrochimica Acta, Volume 283, pp.538-547, September 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2018.06.043
· Tiantian Zhang, Meng Wang, Hongxing Yang. A review of the energy performance and life-cycle assessment of building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) systems. Energies, 11(11), 3157, Nov. 2018. https://doi.org/10.3390/en11113157
· Tian You, Xianting Li, Sunliang Cao, Hongxing Yang. Soil thermal imbalance of ground source heat pump systems with spiral-coil energy pile groups under seepage conditions and various influential factors. Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 178, pp. 123-136, December 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2018.10.027
· Junchao Huang, Jinghua Yu, Hongxing Yang. Effects of key factors on the heat insulation performance of a hollow block ventilated wall. Applied Energy, Vol.232, pp.409-423, Dec 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.09.215
· Junchao Huang, Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang, Weilong Zhang. Numerical investigation of a novel vacuum photovoltaic curtain wall and integrated optimization of photovoltaic envelope systems. Applied Energy, Vol.229, pp.1048-1060, November 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.08.095
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang. Integrated energy performance optimization of a passively designed high-rise residential building in different climatic zones of China. Applied Energy, Volume 215, pp., 145-158, April 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.01.099
· W.F. He, H.X. Yang, D. Han. Thermodynamic Analysis of a Power and Water Combined System with Geothermal Energy Utilization. Geothermics, Vol.76, pp.106-115, November 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geothermics.2018.06.008
· Du Jiyun, Shen Zhicheng, Yang Hongxing. Effects of different block designs on the performance of inline cross-flow turbines in urban water mains. Applied Energy, Volume 228, pp.97-1072018, Oct 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.06.079
· Haiying Sun, Hongxing Yang. Study on an innovative three-dimensional wind turbine wake model. Applied Energy, Volume 226, pp.483–493, September 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.06.027
· Du Jiyun, Shen Zhicheng, Yang Hongxing. Numerical study on the impact of runner inlet arc angle on the performance of inline cross-flow turbine used in urban water mains. Energy, Volume 158, pp.228-237, September 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2018.06.033
· Yi Chen, Huaxia Yan, Hongxing Yang. Comparative study of on-off control and novel high-low control of regenerative indirect evaporative cooler (RIEC). Applied Energy, Vol.225, pp.233-243, September 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.05.046
· Du Jiyun, Yang Hongxing, Shen Zhicheng, Guo Xiaodong. Development of an inline vertical cross-flow turbine for hydropower harvesting in urban water supply pipes. Renewable Energy, Volume 127, pp.386-397, November 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2018.04.070
· Tian You, Baolong Wang, Xianting Li, Wenxing Shi, Hongxing Yang. A general distributed parameter model for ground heat exchangers with arbitrary shape and type of heat sources. Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 164, pp.667-679, 15 May 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2018.03.059
· Bin Zou, Yang Yao, Yiqiang Jiang, Hongxing Yang. A new algorithm for obtaining the critical tube diameter and intercept factor of parabolic trough solar collectors. Energy, Vol. 150, pp.451-467, May 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2017.12.065
· Xi Chen and Hongxing Yang. Integrated energy performance optimization of a passively designed high-rise residential building in different climatic zones of China. Applied Energy, Vol.215, pp.145-158, April 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2018.01.099
· Ma Tao, Hongxing Yang, Xiaodong Guo, Chengzhi Lou, Zhicheng Shen, Jian Chen, Jiyun Du. Development of inline hydroelectric generation system from municipal water pipelines. Applied Energy, Vol.144, pp.535-548, Feb 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2017.11.113
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang, Weilong Zhang. Simulation-based approach to optimize passively designed buildings: A case study on a typical architectural form in hot and humid climates. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy. Vol.82, Part 2, pp.1712-1725, Feb 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2017.06.018
· Yi Chen, Hongxing Yang, Yimo Luo. Investigation on solar assisted liquid desiccant dehumidifier and evaporative cooling system for fresh air treatment. Energy, Volume 143, pp.114-127, January 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2017.10.124
· Yimo Luo, Chen Yi, Dan Zhong, Yuanhao Wang and Hongxing Yang. Experimental study of the flow characteristics in a falling film liquid desiccant dehumidifier. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. Volume 23, Number 1, pp.157-165, January 2017.
· Hu Yan, Wang Yuanhao and Yang Hongxing. TEOS/silane coupling agent composed double layers structure: A novel super-hydrophilic coating with controllable water contact angle value. Applied Energy, Vol.185, Part 2, pp.2209-2216, Jan 2017.
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang and Yuanhao Wang. Parametric study of passive design strategies for high-rise residential buildings in hot and humid climates: miscellaneous impact factors. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.69, pp.442-460, March 2017.
· Wenke Zhang, Hongxing Yang, Liang Fang, Ping Cui, Zhaohong Fang. Study on heat transfer of pile foundation ground heat exchanger with three-dimensional groundwater seepage. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.105, pp.58-66, Feb 2017.
· Yi Chen, Yimo Luo and Hongxing Yang. An optimization method for design and operation of combined cooling, heating and power systems toward a smart grid. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. Vol.22, pp.766-782, July 2016.
· Jian Chen, Liu Chen, Hongtao Xu, Hongxing Yang, Changwen Ye and Di Liu. Performance improvement of a vertical axis wind turbine by comprehensive assessment of an airfoil family, Energy, Vol.114, pp.318-331, Nov 2016.
· Meng Wang, Jinqing Peng, Nianping Li, Lin Lu, Tao Ma and Hongxing Yang. Assessment of energy performance of semi-transparent PV insulating glass units using a validated simulation model, Energy, Vol.112, pp.538-548, Oct 2016.
· Di Liu, Fu-Yun Zhao, Hongxing Yang, Jian Chen and Changwen Ye. Probability adjoint identification of airborne pollutant sources depending on one sensor in a ventilated enclosure with conjugate heat and species transports. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 102, pp.919-933, Nov 2016.
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang and Ke Sun. A holistic passive design approach to optimize indoor environmental quality of a typical residential building in Hong Kong. Energy, Vol.113, pp.267-281, Oct 2016.
· Yan Hu, Yuanhao Wang, Zhenguo An, Jingjie Zhang and Hongxing Yang. The super-hydrophobic IR-reflectivity TiO2 coated hollow glass microspheres synthesized by soft-chemistry method, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Vol.98, pp.43-49, November 2016.
· L. Chen, J. Chen, H. Xu, H.X. Yang, C. Ye and D. Liu. Wind tunnel investigation on the two- and three-blade Savonius rotor with central shaft at different gap ratio. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Vol. 8, No.1, January 2016.
· Yi Chen, Hongxing Yang and Yimo Luo. Experimental study of plate type air cooler performances under four operating modes, Building and Environment, Vol.104, pp.296-310, Aug 2016.
· Lingling Bao, Jinggang Wang and Hongxing Yang. Investigation on the performance of a heat recovery ventilator in different climate regions in China, Energy, Vol.104, pp.85-98, June 2016.
· Xiaoxia Gao, Hongxing Yang and Lin Lu. Optimization of wind turbine layout position in a wind farm using a newly-developed two-dimensional wake model, Applied Energy, Vol.174, pp.192-200, July 2016.
· Wenke Zhang, Hongxing Yang, Xiaoqiang Guo, Mingzhi Yu and Zhaohong Fang, Investigation on groundwater velocity based on the finite line heat source seepage model, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.99, pp.391-401, Aug 2016.
· Tiantian Zhang, Yufei Tan, Hongxing Yang and Xuedan Zhang. The application of air layers in building envelopes: A review, Applied Energy, Volume 165, pp.707-734, March 2016.
· F. Qin, S. Shao, C. Tian and H.X. Yang. Model simplification of scroll compressor with vapor refrigerant injection. International Journal of Green Energy, Vol. 13, Issue 8, pp. 803-811, July 2016.
· Jinqing Peng, Dragan C Curcija, Lin Lu, Stephen E. Selkowitz, Hongxing Yang and Weilong Zhang. Numerical investigation of the energy saving potential of a semi-transparent photovoltaic double-skin facade in a cool-summer Mediterranean climate, Applied Energy, Vol.165, pp.345-356, March 2016.
· Wang Hai, Hongxing Yang, Lin Lu. Island-like mesoporous amorphous Fe2O3 layer: surface disorder engineering for enhanced lithium-storage performance. Electrochimica Acta, Vol.188, pp.679-685, Jan 2016.
· Yi Chen, Hongxing Yang and Yimo Luo. Indirect evaporative cooler considering condensation from primary air: Model development and parameter analysis, Building and Environment, Volume 95, pp.330-345, January 2016.
· Yi Chen, Tiantian Zhang, Hongxing Yang and Jinqing Peng. Study on energy and economic benefits of converting a combined heating and power system to a tri-generation system for sewage treatment plants in subtropical area, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 94, pp.24-39, February 2016.
· Wenke Zhang, H Yang, N Diao, L Lu and Z Fang. Exploration on the reverse calculation method of groundwater velocity by means of the moving line heat source, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Volume 99, pp.52-63, Jan 2016.
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang, Weilong Zhang. A comprehensive sensitivity study of major passive design parameters for the public rental housing development in Hong Kong, Energy, Vol.93, pp.1804-1818, Dec 2015.
· Tao Ma, Hongxing Yang, Lin Lu and Jinqing Peng. Optimal design of an autonomous solar–wind-pumped storage power supply system, Applied Energy, Vol.160, pp.728-736, Dec 2015.
· Yi Chen, Yimo Luo and Hongxing Yang. A simplified analytical model for indirect evaporative cooling considering condensation from fresh air: Development and application, Energy and Buildings, Vol.108, pp.387-400, Dec 2015.
· Chen, X and H Yang. Combined thermal and daylight analysis of a typical Public Rental Housing development to fulfil green building guidance in Hong Kong, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 108, pp.420-432, Dec 2015.
· Liu, D, F Zhao, H Yang and G Tang. Theoretical and experimental investigations of thermoelectric heating system with multiple ventilation channels, Applied Energy, Vol. 159, pp.458-468, Dec 2015.
· Chen, J, H Yang, M Yang, H Xu and Z Hu. A comprehensive review of the theoretical approaches for the airfoil design of lift-type vertical axis wind turbine, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.51, pp.1709-1720, November 2015.
· Chen, J, H Yang, M Yang and H Xu. The effect of the opening ratio and location on the performance of a novel vertical axis Darrieus turbine, Energy, Vol.89, pp.819-834, September 2015.
· Chen, Xi, H Yang and L Lu. A comprehensive review on passive design approaches in green building rating tools, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 50, pp.1425-1436, October 2015.
· Luo, Y, M Wang, H Yang, L Lu and J Peng. Experimental study of internally cooled liquid desiccant dehumidification: application in Hong Kong and intensive analysis of influencing factors, Building and Environment, Vol. 93, Part 2, pp.210-220, Nov 2015.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. Development of hybrid battery-supercapacitor energy storage for remote area renewable energy systems, Applied Energy, Vol.153, pp.56-62, Sep 2015.
· Luo, Y, Meng Wang, Hongxing Yang, Lin Lu and Jinqing Peng. Experimental study of the film thickness in the dehumidifier of a liquid desiccant air conditioning system, Energy, Vol.84, pp.239-246, May 2015.
· Zhang, W, H Yang, L Lu and Z Fang, Investigation on Influential Factors of Engineering Design of Geothermal Heat Exchangers, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.84, pp.310-319, June 2015.
· Liu, D, F Zhao, H Yang and G Tang. Thermoelectric mini cooler coupled with micro thermosiphon for CPU cooling system, Energy, Vol.83, pp.29-36, April 2015.
· Zhang, W, H Yang, P Cui, L Lu, N Diao and Z Fang. Study on spiral source models revealing groundwater transfusion effects on pile foundation ground heat exchangers, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.84, pp.119-129, May 2015.
· Peng, J, L Lu, H Yang and T Ma. Validation of the Sandia model with indoor and outdoor measurements for semi-transparent amorphous silicon PV modules, Renewable Energy, Vol.80, pp.316-323, Aug 2015.
· Bingzhi Zhang, Jian Lv, Hongxing Yang, Tailu Li and Shengfeng Ren. Performance analysis of a heat pipe PV/T system with different circulation tank capacities, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 87, pp.89-97, August 2015.
· Gao, X, H Yan, L Lu and P Koo. Wind turbine layout optimization using multi-population genetic algorithm and a case study in Hong Kong offshore, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, p.88-89, Vol.139, April 2015.
· Ma, T, H Yang, L Lu, Y Zhang and X Wang. Using phase change materials in photovoltaic systems for thermal regulation and electrical efficiency improvement: a review and outlook, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.43, pp.1273-1284, March 2015.
· Peng. J, L Lu, H Yang and T Ma. Comparative study of the thermal and power performances of a semi-transparent photovoltaic façade under different ventilation modes, Applied Energy, Vol.138, pp.572–583, Jan 2015.
· Ma, Tao, H Yang and L Lu. Study on stand-alone power supply options for an isolated community, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol.65, pp.1-11, Feb 2015.
· Ma, T, and H Yang. Pumped storage-based standalone photovoltaic power generation system: modelling and techno-economic optimization, Applied Energy, Vol.137, pp.649-659, Jan 2015.
· Wang, S, Y. Zhou, Md. Mahbub Alam and H. Yang. Turbulent intensity and Reynolds number effects on an airfoil at low Reynolds numbers, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 26, pp.115107-1-25, Nov, 2014.
· Luo, Y, H Yang and L Lu. Dynamic and microscopic simulation of the counter-current flow in a liquid desiccant dehumidifier, Applied Energy, Vol.136, pp.1018-1025, 2014.
· Gao, X, H Yang and L Lu. Study on offshore wind power potential and wind farm optimization in Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.130, pp.519-531, October 2014.
· Luo, Y, S Shao, H Xu, C Tian and H Yang. Experimental and theoretical research of a fin-tube type internally-cooled liquid desiccant dehumidifier, Applied Energy, Vol.133, pp.127-134, November 2014.
· Gao, X, H Yang and L Lu. Investigation into the optimal wind turbine layout patterns for a Hong Kong offshore wind farm, Energy, Vol.73, pp.430-442, August 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. Solar photovoltaic system modeling and performance prediction, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.36, pp.304-315, August 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. Feasibility study and economic analysis of pumped hydro storage and battery storage for a renewable energy powered island, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol.79, pp.387-397, March 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang, L Lu and J Peng. Technical feasibility study on a standalone hybrid solar-wind system with pumped hydro storage for a remote island in Hong Kong, Renewable Energy, Vol.69, pp.7-15, Sep 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. A feasibility study of a stand-alone hybrid solar–wind–battery system for a remote island, Applied Energy, Vol.121, Pages 149-15815, May 2014.
· Ma, T, P Østergaard, H Lund, H Yang and L Lu. An energy system model for Hong Kong in 2020, Energy, Vol.68, pp.301-310, April 2014.
· Wang, Hai, Hongxing Yang and Lin Lu. Blue phase-mixed anatase–rutile TiO2 heterogeneous junction composites: surface defect-induced reconstruction by F ion and superior lithium-storage properties, RSC Advances, Vol.4, pp.43346-43350, 2014.
· Wang, H, H Yang and L Lu. Topochemical synthesis of Bi2O3 microribbons derived from a bismuth oxalate precursor as high-performance lithium-ion batteries, RSC Advances, pp.17483–17489, April 2014.
· Zhang, W, H Yang, L Lu, P Cui and Z Fang. The research on ring-coil heat transfer models of pile foundation ground heat exchangers in the case of groundwater seepage, Energy and Buildings, Vol.71, pp.115-128, March 2014.
· Luo, Y, H Yang, L Lu and R Qi. A review of the mathematical models for predicting the heat and mass transfer process in the liquid desiccant dehumidifier, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.31, pp.587-599, March 2014.
· Qi, R, L Lu and H Yang. Quick performance prediction for internally cooled/heated liquid desiccant dehumidification system, Building Services Engineering and Research Technologies, Vol.35(1), pp.99–112, Jan 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu, Development of a model to simulate the performance characteristics of crystalline silicon photovoltaic modules/strings/arrays, Solar Energy, Vol.100, pp.31-41, Feb 2014.
· Luo, Y, H Yang and L Lu. Liquid desiccant dehumidifier: Development of a new performance predication model based on CFD, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.69, pp.408-416, Feb 2014.
· Che, Q, H Yang, L Lu and Y Wang. Preparation of lead-free nanoglass frit powder for crystalline silicon solar cells, Applied Energy, Vol.112, pp.657-662, December 2013.
· Qi, R, L Lu, H Yang and F Qin. Investigation on wetted area and film thickness for falling film liquid desiccant regeneration system, Applied Energy, Vol.112, pp.93-101, December 2013.
· Qi, R, L Lu, H Yang and F Qin. Influence of plate surface temperature on the wetted area and system performance for falling film liquid desiccant regeneration system, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.64, pp.1003-1013, September 2013.
· Qi, R, L Lu and H Yang. Development of simplified prediction model for internally cooled/heated liquid desiccant dehumidification system, Energy and Buildings, Vol.59, pp.133-142, April 2013.
· Peng, J, L Lu and H Yang. An experimental study of the thermal performance of a novel photovoltaic double-skin facade in Hong Kong. Solar Energy, Vol.97, pp.293-304, November 2013.
· Peng, J, L Lu and H Yang. Investigation on the annual thermal performance of a photovoltaic wall mounted on a multi-layer façade, Applied Energy, Vol.112, pp.646-656, December 2013.
· Wang, Z, H Yang and S Chen. Study on the operating performance of cross hot-gas bypass defrosting system for air-to-water screw heat pumps. Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.59, pp.398-404, 2013.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. Performance evaluation of a stand-alone photovoltaic system on an isolated island in Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.112, pp.663-672, 2013.
· Wang, Y, L Lu, H Yang and Q Che. Development of high dispersed TiO2 paste for transparent screen-printable self-cleaning coatings on glass, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 15, No.1384, Jan 2013.
· Wang, H, H Yang, L Lu, Y Zhou and Y Wang. Building self-ordered tubular macro- and mesoporous nitridated titania from gas bubbles towards high-performance lithium-ion batteries, Dalton Trans., Vol.42, No.24, pp.8781-8787, June 2013.
· Han, J, L Lu, J Peng and H Yang. Performance of ventilated double-sided PV façade compared with conventional clear glass façade, Energy and Buildings, Vol.56, pp.204-209, 2013.
· Zhang, W, H Yang, L Lu and Z Fang. The analysis on solid cylindrical heat source model of foundation pile ground heat exchangers with groundwater flow, Energy, Vol.55, pp.417-425, June 2013.
· Chen, J, H Yang, C. P. Liu, C. H. Lau and M. Loa. A novel vertical axis water turbine for power generation from water pipelines, Energy, Vol.54, pp.184-193, 2013.
· Wong, Irene and H Yang. Study on remote source solar lighting system application in high-rise residential buildings in Hong Kong, Energy and Buildings, Vol.60, pp.225-231, 2013.
· Che, Q, H Yang, L Lu and Y Wang. Nanoparticles-aided silver front contact paste for crystalline silicon solar cells, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, Vol.4, No.2, pp.524-528, 2013.
· Peng, J, L Lu and H Yang. Review on life cycle assessment of energy payback and greenhouse gas emission of solar photovoltaic systems, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.19, pp.255- 274, March 2013.
· Che, Q, H Yang, L Lu and Y Wang. A new environmental friendly silver front contact paste for crystalline silicon solar cells, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol.549, pp.221-225, Feb 2013.
· Kumbernuss, J, J. Chen, H.X. Yang and L. Lu. Investigation into the relationship of the overlap ratio and shift angle of double stage three bladed vertical axis wind turbine (VAWT), Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol.107–108, pp.57-752012, Aug–Sep 2012.
· Luo Yimo, S Shao, F Qin, C Tian, and H Yang. Investigation on feasibility of ionic liquids used in solar liquid desiccant air conditioning system, Solar Energy, Vol.86, No.9, pp.2718 -2724, Sep 2012.
· Zhang W, H Yang, L Lu and Z Fang. Investigation on heat transfer around buried coils of pile foundation heat exchangers for ground-coupled heat pump applications Investigations, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, No.21-22, Vol.55, pp.6023-6031, 2012.
· Chen Xi and H Yang. Performance analysis of a proposed solar assisted ground heat pump system, Applied Energy, Vol.97, pp.888-896, Sep 2012.
· Man, Y, H Yang, J Wang and Z Fang. In situ operation performance test of ground coupled heat pump system for cooling and heating provision in temperate zone, Applied Energy, Vol.97, pp.913-920, Sep 2012.
· Qi, R.H., L. Lu and H.X. Yang. Investigation on air-conditioning load profile and energy consumption of desiccant cooling system for commercial buildings in Hong Kong. Energy and Buildings, Vol.49, pp.509-518, June 2012.
· Chuanta Lin, Hongxing Yang and Zuojin Zhu. Numerical exploration of 1+2 type laminar natural convection in a differentially heated square cavity using Chebyshev spectral collocation method, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.39, No.5, pp.593–597, May 2012.
· Wei Zhou, Hongxing Yang, Markku Rissanen, Bertil Nygren and Jinyue Yan. Decrease of energy demand for bioethanol-based polygeneration system through case study, Applied Energy, Vol.95, pp.305-311, July 2012.
· Irene Wong, H. L. Choi and H. X. Yang. Simulation and experimental studies on natural lighting in enclosed lift lobbies of highrise residential buildings by remote source solar lighting, Vol.92, No.4, pp.705-713, Applied Energy, April 2012.
· Chen, J, J Kumbernuss, L Zhang, L LU and H Yang. Influence of phase-shift and overlap ratio on Savonius wind turbine’s performance, ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol.134, No.1, Feb 2012.
· Kumbernuss, J, J Chen, J Wang, H Yang and W Fu. A novel magnetic levitated bearing system for Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT), Applied Energy, Vo.90, No.1, pp.148-153, Feb 2012.
· Sun, L, L Lu and H Yang. Optimum design of shading-type building-integrated photovoltaic claddings with different surface azimuth angles, Applied Energy, Vol.90, No.1, pp.233-240, February 2012.
· Irene Wong and H Yang. Introducing natural lighting into the enclosed lift lobbies of highrise buildings by remote source lighting system, Applied Energy, Vol.90, No.1, pp.225-232, Feb 2012.
· Man, Y, H Yang, N Diao, P Cui, L Lu and Z Fang. Heat transfer analysis of pile geothermal heat exchangers with spiral coils, HVACR Research, Vol.17, No.6, Dec 2011.
· Chen Xi, H Yang, L Lu, J Wang and W Liu. Experimental studies on a ground coupled heat pump with solar thermal collectors for space heating, Energy, Vol.36, No.8, pp.5292-5300, August 2011.
· Yang, H, Y Li, L Lu and R Qi. First order multivariate Markov chain model for generating annual weather data for Hong Kong, Energy and Buildings, Vol.43, No.9, pp.2371-2377, Sep 2011.
· Man, Y, H Yang, J Spitler and Z Fang. Feasibility study on novel hybrid ground coupled heat pump system with nocturnal cooling radiator for cooling load dominated buildings, Applied Energy, Volume 88, Issue 11, pp.4160-4171, Nov 2011.
· Chen, X, L Lu and H Yang. Long term operation of a solar assisted ground coupled heat pump system for space heating and domestic hot water, Energy and Buildings, Vol.43, No.8, pp.1835-1844, 2011.
· Zhou, Y, M M Alam, H Yang, H Guo and D Wood. Fluid forces on a very low Reynolds number airfoil and their prediction, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, No.1, pp.329-339, Feb 2011.
· Leung Dennis Y C, Hongxing Yang and Jinyue Yan. Editorial for the special issue “Novel studies on hydrogen, fuel cell and battery energy systems, Energy Research, Vol.35, No.1, Jan 2011.
· Li, Y, L Lu and H Yang. Energy and economic performance analysis of an open cycle solar desiccant dehumidification air conditioning system for application in Hong Kong, Solar Energy, Vo.84, No.12, pp.2085–2095, December 2010.
· Lu, L and H Yang. Environmental payback time analysis of a roof-mounted building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) system in Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.12, pp.3625-3631, December 2010.
· Wang, Y, H Yang and L Lu. Three-dimensional double deck meshlike dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.108, No.6, Sep. 2010.
· Han, J, L Lin and H Yang. Numerical evaluation of the mixed convective heat transfer in a double-pane window integrated with see-through a-Si PV cells with low-e coatings, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.11, pp.3431-3437, Nov 2010.
· Li, Y and H Yang. Experimental study of an open cycle solar collector/regenerator using liquid desiccant for air conditioning, Vol.7, No.3, pp.273 – 288, International Journal of Green Energy, 2010.
· Man, Y, Yang H and J Wang. Study on hybrid ground-coupled heat pump system for air-conditioning in hot-weather area like Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.9, pp.2826-2833, Sep 2010.
· Li, H and H Yang. Study on performance of solar assisted air source heat pump systems for hot water production in Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.9, pp.2818-2825, September 2010.
· Wang, Y, H Yang, H Wang, Y Liu and H Shen. The use of Ti meshes with self-organized TiO2 nanotubes as photoanodes of all-Ti dye-sensitized solar cells, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, Vol.18, pp.285–290, 2010.
· Cheng, T, T Chen, H Yang an T Chung. A generalized window energy rating system for typical office buildings, Solar Energy, Vol.84, pp.1232–1243, 2010.
· Man, Y, H Yang, N Diao, J Liu and Z Fang. A new model and analytical solutions for borehole and pile ground heat exchangers, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.53, No.13-14, pp.2593-2601, June 2010.
· Sun, L and H Yang. Impacts of the Shading-Type Building-Integrated Photovoltaic Claddings on Electricity Generation and Cooling Load Component through Shaded Windows, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp.455-460, April 2010.
· Mahbub, Alam Md, Y. Zhou, H. X. Yang, H. Guo and J. Mi. The ultra-low Reynolds number airfoil wake, Experiments in Fluids, Vol.48, No.1, pp.81-103, Jan 2010.
· Wang, Y, H Yang and H Xu. DNA-like dye-sensitized solar cells based on TiO2 nanowire-covered nanotube bilayer film electrodes, Materials Letters, Vol.64, No.2, Jan 2010.
· Zhu, Z, H Yang and T Chen. Numerical study of turbulent heat and fluid flow in a straight square duct at higher Reynolds numbers, submitted to International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.53, No.1-3, pp.356–364, Jan 2010.
· Zhou, W, H Yang and L Lu. Current status of research on optimum sizing of stand-alone hybrid solar-wind power generation system, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.2, pp.380-389, February 2010.
· Yang, H, P Cui and Z Fang. Vertical-borehole ground-coupled heat pumps: A review of models and systems, Applied Energy, Vo.87, No.1, pp.16-27, 2010.
· Wang, Y, Liu Y, Yang H, Wang H, Shen H, Li M, Yan J. An investigation of DNA-like structured dye-sensitized solar cells, Current Applied Physics, No.1, Vo.10, pp.119-123, Jan 2010.
· Zhu, Z, H Yang and T Chen. Direct numerical simulation of turbulent flow in a straight square duct at Reynolds number 600, Journal of Hydrodynamics, Ser. B, Volume 21, Issue 5, pp.600-607, October 2009.
· Han, J, L Lu and H Yang. Thermal behavior of a novel type see-through glazing system with integrated PV cells, Building and Environment, Vol.44, No.10, pp.2129-2136, Oct 2009.
· Wang, H, Y Liu, H Huang, M Zhong, H Shen, Y Wang and H Yang. Low resistance dye-sensitized solar cells based on all-titanium substrates using wires and sheets, Applied Surface Science, No. 22, Vol.255, pp.9020-9025, Aug 2009.
· Cui, P, H Yang and Z Fang. Energy and exergy analysis of hybrid ground coupled heat pumps with hot water supply, accepted by International Journal of Exergy, Vol.6, No.3, pp.388-404, 2009.
· Han, J, H Yang and L Lu. Investigation on the thermal performance of different lightweight aluminum standing-seam roofing structure, Applied Thermal Energy, Vol.29, pp.2491-2499, 2009.
· Yang, H, T Chen and Z Zhu. Numerical study of forced turbulent heat convection in a straight square duct, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.52, pp.3128-3136, 2009.
· Wang, H, Y Liu, H Xu, X Dong, H Shen, Y Wang and H Yang. An investigation on the novel structure of dye-sensitized solar cell with integrated photoanode, Vol.34, No.6, pp.1635-1638, Renewable Energy, 2009.
· Yang, H, and Zhou W and Lou C. Optimum design and techno-economic analysis of a hybrid solar-wind power generation system, Applied Energy, No.2, Vol.86, pp.163-169, Feb 2009.
· Yan, J, E. Dahlquist and H. Yang. Guest editorial for a special issue on green energy, Energy Research, Vol.32, July 2008.
· Hao, X, H Yang and G Zhang. Trigeneration: a new way for landfill gas utilization and its feasibility in Hong Kong, International Journal of Energy Policy, No.10, Vol.36, 2008.
· Man, Y, H Yang, and Z Fang. Study on hybrid ground-coupled heat pump systems, Energy and Buildings, No.11, Vol.40, pp.2028–2036, 2008.
· Cui, P, H Yang, J D Spitler and Z Fang. Simulation of hybrid ground-coupled heat pump with domestic hot water heating systems using HVACSIM+, Energy and Buildings, Vol.40, No.9, pp.1731-1736, June, 2008.
· Li, Y and Yang Hongxing. Investigation on solar desiccant dehumidification process for energy conservation of central air-conditioning systems, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.28, No.10, pp.1118-1126, July 2008.
· Yang H and Zhu Z. Numerical study of three dimensional turbulent natural convection in a differentially heated air-filled tall cavity, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.35, No.5, pp.606-612, 2008.
· Yang, H, W Zhou and Z Fang. Optimal sizing method for stand-alone hybrid solar–wind system with LPSP technology by using genetic algorithm, Solar Energy, Vol.82, No.4, pp.354-367, April 2008.
· Yang H., Zhou Wei, Lu Lin and Fang Zhaohong. Battery behavior prediction and battery working states analysis of a hybrid solar-wind power generation system, Renewable Energy, Vol.33, pp.1413-1423, 2008.
· Cui Ping, Yang H and Fang Z. Numerical analysis and experimental validation of heat transfer in ground heat exchangers in alternative operation modes, Energy and Buildings, Vol.40, No.6, pp.1060-1066, 2008.
· Fung, Y and H Yang. Study on thermal performance of semi-transparent BIPV glazing, Energy and Buildings, Vol.40, No.3, pp.341-350, 2008.
· Yang, H, L. Lu and W. Zhou. A novel optimization sizing model for hybrid solar-wind power generation system, Solar Energy, Vol.81, No.1, pp.76-84, January 2007.
· Zhou Wei, Hongxing Yang and Zhaohong Fang. A novel model for PV array energy performance prediction, Applied Energy, Vol. 84, No.12, pp.1187-1198, 2007.
· Ren, C and Hongxing Yang. An analytical model for the heat and mass transfer processes in indirect evaporative cooling with parallel/counter flow configurations, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.49, pp.617-627, 2006.
· Yang, H and Z. Zhu. Numerical simulation of turbulent Rayleigh-Benard convection International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.33, pp.184-190, 2006.
· An, D, Z Wang, S. Zhang and H. Yang. Low-temperature pyrolysis of municipal solid waste: influence of final pyrolysis temperature on the characteristic of solid fuel, International Journal of Energy Research, No.5, Vol.30, pp.273-364, 2006.
· Cui, Ping, H. Yang and Z. Fang. Heat transfer analysis of ground heat exchangers with inclined boreholes, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.26, No.11-12, pp.1169-1175, 2006.
· Zhou, Wei, H. Yang and Z. Fang, Wind power potential and characteristic analysis of the Pearl River Delter region, China, Renewable Energy, Vol.31, pp.739-753, 2006.
· Yang, H, C. Ren and P. Cui. Study on performance correlations of an indirect evaporative cooler with condensation from primary airflow, ASHRAE HVAC&R Research, Vo.12, No.3, pp.519-532, July 2006.
· Yang, H and Z Zhu. Exploring super-critical properties of secondary flows of natural convection in inclined channels, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.47, No.6-7, pp.1217-1226, 2004.
· Yang, H, G Zheng, D. An, C. Lou and J Burnett, Grid-connected building-integrated photovoltaics: A Hong Kong case study, Solar Energy, Vol.76, No.1-3, pp.55-59, 2004.
· Lin Lu and H.X. Yang. A study on simulation of power output and practical models for building-integrated photovoltaic systems, ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol.126, pp.1-7, 2004.
· Yang, H and Z. Zhu. Numerical study on transient laminar natural Convection in an inclined parallel-walled channel, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.30, No.3, pp.359-367, 2003.
· Yang, H, L Lu and J Burnett. Weather data and probability analysis of hybrid photovoltaic-wind power generation systems in Hong Kong, Renewable Energy, Vol.28, No.11, pp.1813-1824, 2003.
· Ai Bin, H Yang, H Shen and X Liao. Computer-aided design of PV/wind hybrid system, Renewable Energy, Vol.28, No.10, pp.1491-1512, 2003.
· Zhu, Z and H Yang. Numerical investigation of transient laminar natural convection of air in a tall cavity, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.39, pp.579-587, 2003.
· Zuojin Zhu and Hongxing Yang. Discrete Hilbert transformation and its application to estimate the wind speed in Hong Kong, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol.90, pp.9-18, 2002.
· Lin Lu, Hongxing Yang and John Burnett. Investigation on wind potential on Hong Kong islands – an analysis of wind power and wind turbine characteristics, Renewable Energy, Vol.27, pp.1-12, 2002.
· Yang, H, Zuojin Zhu and John Gilleard. Numerical simulation of thermal fluid instability between two horizontal parallel plates, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol 44, No.8, pp.1485-1493, 2001.
· Yang, H, J Burnett, K Lau and L Lu. Comparing central and split air-conditioning systems, ASHRAE Journal, Vol.43, No.5, pp.1-3, May 2001.
· Yang, H, J Ji and John Burnett. Simple Approach to cooling load component calculation through PV-walls, Energy and Buildings, Vol.31, No.3, pp.285-290, 2000.
· Yang, H and Z Zhu and J Burnett. Simulation study on TIM application in residential buildings in Northern China, Applied Energy, No.67, pp.293-306, 2000.
· Brinkworth, B, R Marshall and H Yang. Thermal regulation of photovoltaic cladding, Solar Energy, Vol.61, No.3, pp.169-178, 1997.
Professional book publications
Ø Yang Hongxing, Lu Lin, Peng Jinqing and Zhou Wei. Application of Solar Energy Technologies. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-112-18286-2), Second Edition, October 2015. 杨洪兴，吕琳，彭晋卿，周伟著：《太阳能建筑一体化技术与应用》。中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-18286-2，2009年1月第一版，2015年10月第二版。
Ø Yang Hongxing. Engineering Projects of Building-Integrated Photovoltaics. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-112-13985-9), May 2012. 杨洪兴著：《太阳能光伏建筑一体化工程实例》。中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-13985-9, 2012年5月第一版。
Ø Yang Hongxing, Lu Lin and Ma Tao. Application of Hybrid Solar-Wind Power Generation Technologies. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-112-17328-0), January 2015. 杨洪兴，吕琳，马涛著：《太阳能-风能互补发电技术及应用》。中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-17328-0，2015年1月第一版。
Ø Fu Xiaoping, Yang Hongxing and An Dawei. Operation and Performance Management of Central Air-Conditioning Systems. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-302-2420-958), Third Edition, December 2015. 付小平，杨洪兴，安大伟著：《中央空调系统运行管理》，清华大学出版社，ISBN 9787302420958，2015年12月第三版。
Ø Zhang Qingyuan and Yang Hongxing. Typical Meteorological Database Handbook for Buildings. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-112-13770-1), March 2012. 张晴原，杨洪兴著：《建筑用标准气象数据手册》，中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-13770-1，2012年3月第一版。
Ø (9) Yang Hongxing, Jiang Ximen. Green Building Development and Application of Renewable Energy. China Railway Publishing House (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-113-21689-4), Dec 2016. 杨洪兴, 姜希猛编著：《绿色建筑发展与可再生能源应用》，中国铁道出版社，ISBN 978-7-113-21689-4，2016年12月第一版。
Ø (10) Yang Hongxing, Guo Chunmei, Chen Yi and Lu Jian. New energy recovery technology of air-conditioning systems – Principle and Application of Indirect Evaporative Cooling. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing, Aug 2019. 杨洪兴, 郭春梅，陈奕，吕建著：《空调系统能量回收新技术--间接蒸发冷却原理与应用》，中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-23687-9，2019年8月第一版。