Prof. Yang received his BEng in 1982 and MEng in 1985 in the Division of HVACR Engineering of Tianjin University, China. He obtained his PhD in 1993 in the Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Wales College of Cardiff, UK. He is now leading the Renewable Energy Research Group (RERG) in the Department of Building Services Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. His research interests cover a number of R&D topics in renewable energy applications and energy saving in buildings including solar cell materials, solar photovoltaic integration in buildings, wind power, hybrid solar-wind power, solar cooling and ground-coupled heat pump technologies. He has completed a number of research projects in recent years for local industry and government and he has received awards from local and world organizations. He has supervised 27 PhD students and 20 of them have graduated. He has over 300 academic papers and 6 professional books published including more than 160 SCI journal papers published. According to the ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2016, he is on the list of 150 world most-cited researchers with impactful research in the disciplines of Civil Engineering. He is serving the International Journal of Applied Energy as an Associate Editor and other international journals as editorial board member. He was also part-time Taishan Scholar of Shandong Province and specially appointed Chair Professor of Tianjin Chengjian University.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
· MCIBSE (1994-2010), Member of Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering, UK.
· CEng (1995-2010), Chartered Engineer of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering, Engineering Council, UK.
· MHKIE (1996-2009), Member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, Hong Kong.
· MASHRAE (1998-2010), Member of the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning, USA.
· RPE (Building Services Engineering) (1998 to present), Registered Professional Engineer, Hong Kong.
· FHKIE (2009 to present), Fellow of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineering, Hong Kong.
Selected Major Publications
· Yimo Luo, Chen Yi, Dan Zhong, Yuanhao Wang and Hongxing Yang. Experimental study of the flow characteristics in a falling film liquid desiccant dehumidifier. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. Volume 23, Number 1, pp.157-165, January 2017.
· Hu Yan, Wang Yuanhao and Yang Hongxing. TEOS/silane coupling agent composed double layers structure: A novel super-hydrophilic coating with controllable water contact angle value. Applied Energy, Vol.185, Part 2, pp.2209-2216, Jan 2017.
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang and Yuanhao Wang. Parametric study of passive design strategies for high-rise residential buildings in hot and humid climates: miscellaneous impact factors. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.69, pp.442-460, March 2017.
· Wenke Zhang, Hongxing Yang, Liang Fang, Ping Cui, Zhaohong Fang. Study on heat transfer of pile foundation ground heat exchanger with three-dimensional groundwater seepage. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.105, pp.58-66, Feb 2017.
· Yi Chen, Yimo Luo and Hongxing Yang. An optimization method for design and operation of combined cooling, heating and power systems toward a smart grid. Science and Technology for the Built Environment. Vol.22, pp.766-782, July 2016.
· Jian Chen, Liu Chen, Hongtao Xu, Hongxing Yang, Changwen Ye and Di Liu. Performance improvement of a vertical axis wind turbine by comprehensive assessment of an airfoil family, Energy, Vol.114, pp.318-331, Nov 2016.
· Meng Wang, Jinqing Peng, Nianping Li, Lin Lu, Tao Ma and Hongxing Yang. Assessment of energy performance of semi-transparent PV insulating glass units using a validated simulation model, Energy, Vol.112, pp.538-548, Oct 2016.
· Di Liu, Fu-Yun Zhao, Hongxing Yang, Jian Chen and Changwen Ye. Probability adjoint identification of airborne pollutant sources depending on one sensor in a ventilated enclosure with conjugate heat and species transports. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 102, pp.919-933, Nov 2016.
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang and Ke Sun. A holistic passive design approach to optimize indoor environmental quality of a typical residential building in Hong Kong. Energy, Vol.113, pp.267-281, Oct 2016.
· Yan Hu, Yuanhao Wang, Zhenguo An, Jingjie Zhang and Hongxing Yang. The super-hydrophobic IR-reflectivity TiO2 coated hollow glass microspheres synthesized by soft-chemistry method, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Vol.98, pp.43-49, November 2016.
· L. Chen, J. Chen, H. Xu, H.X. Yang, C. Ye and D. Liu. Wind tunnel investigation on the two- and three-blade Savonius rotor with central shaft at different gap ratio. Journal of Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Vol. 8, No.1, January 2016.
· Yi Chen, Hongxing Yang and Yimo Luo. Experimental study of plate type air cooler performances under four operating modes, Building and Environment, Vol.104, pp.296-310, Aug 2016.
· Lingling Bao, Jinggang Wang and Hongxing Yang. Investigation on the performance of a heat recovery ventilator in different climate regions in China, Energy, Vol.104, pp.85-98, June 2016.
· Xiaoxia Gao, Hongxing Yang and Lin Lu. Optimization of wind turbine layout position in a wind farm using a newly-developed two-dimensional wake model, Applied Energy, Vol.174, pp.192-200, July 2016.
· Wenke Zhang, Hongxing Yang, Xiaoqiang Guo, Mingzhi Yu and Zhaohong Fang, Investigation on groundwater velocity based on the finite line heat source seepage model, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.99, pp.391-401, Aug 2016.
· Tiantian Zhang, Yufei Tan, Hongxing Yang and Xuedan Zhang. The application of air layers in building envelopes: A review, Applied Energy, Volume 165, pp.707-734, March 2016.
· F. Qin, S. Shao, C. Tian and H.X. Yang. Model simplification of scroll compressor with vapor refrigerant injection. International Journal of Green Energy, Vol. 13, Issue 8, pp. 803-811, July 2016.
· Jinqing Peng, Dragan C Curcija, Lin Lu, Stephen E. Selkowitz, Hongxing Yang and Weilong Zhang. Numerical investigation of the energy saving potential of a semi-transparent photovoltaic double-skin facade in a cool-summer Mediterranean climate, Applied Energy, Vol.165, pp.345-356, March 2016.
· Wang Hai, Hongxing Yang, Lin Lu. Island-like mesoporous amorphous Fe2O3 layer: surface disorder engineering for enhanced lithium-storage performance. Electrochimica Acta, Vol.188, pp.679-685, Jan 2016.
· Yi Chen, Hongxing Yang and Yimo Luo. Indirect evaporative cooler considering condensation from primary air: Model development and parameter analysis, Building and Environment, Volume 95, pp.330-345, January 2016.
· Yi Chen, Tiantian Zhang, Hongxing Yang and Jinqing Peng. Study on energy and economic benefits of converting a combined heating and power system to a tri-generation system for sewage treatment plants in subtropical area, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 94, pp.24-39, February 2016.
· Wenke Zhang, H Yang, N Diao, L Lu and Z Fang. Exploration on the reverse calculation method of groundwater velocity by means of the moving line heat source, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, Volume 99, pp.52-63, Jan 2016.
· Xi Chen, Hongxing Yang, Weilong Zhang. A comprehensive sensitivity study of major passive design parameters for the public rental housing development in Hong Kong, Energy, Vol.93, pp.1804-1818, Dec 2015.
· Tao Ma, Hongxing Yang, Lin Lu and Jinqing Peng. Optimal design of an autonomous solar–wind-pumped storage power supply system, Applied Energy, Vol.160, pp.728-736, Dec 2015.
· Yi Chen, Yimo Luo and Hongxing Yang. A simplified analytical model for indirect evaporative cooling considering condensation from fresh air: Development and application, Energy and Buildings, Vol.108, pp.387-400, Dec 2015.
· Chen, X and H Yang. Combined thermal and daylight analysis of a typical Public Rental Housing development to fulfil green building guidance in Hong Kong, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 108, pp.420-432, Dec 2015.
· Liu, D, F Zhao, H Yang and G Tang. Theoretical and experimental investigations of thermoelectric heating system with multiple ventilation channels, Applied Energy, Vol. 159, pp.458-468, Dec 2015.
· Chen, J, H Yang, M Yang, H Xu and Z Hu. A comprehensive review of the theoretical approaches for the airfoil design of lift-type vertical axis wind turbine, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.51, pp.1709-1720, November 2015.
· Chen, J, H Yang, M Yang and H Xu. The effect of the opening ratio and location on the performance of a novel vertical axis Darrieus turbine, Energy, Vol.89, pp.819-834, September 2015.
· Chen, Xi, H Yang and L Lu. A comprehensive review on passive design approaches in green building rating tools, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 50, pp.1425-1436, October 2015.
· Luo, Y, M Wang, H Yang, L Lu and J Peng. Experimental study of internally cooled liquid desiccant dehumidification: application in Hong Kong and intensive analysis of influencing factors, Building and Environment, Vol. 93, Part 2, pp.210-220, Nov 2015.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. Development of hybrid battery-supercapacitor energy storage for remote area renewable energy systems, Applied Energy, Vol.153, pp.56-62, Sep 2015.
· Luo, Y, Meng Wang, Hongxing Yang, Lin Lu and Jinqing Peng. Experimental study of the film thickness in the dehumidifier of a liquid desiccant air conditioning system, Energy, Vol.84, pp.239-246, May 2015.
· Zhang, W, H Yang, L Lu and Z Fang, Investigation on Influential Factors of Engineering Design of Geothermal Heat Exchangers, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.84, pp.310-319, June 2015.
· Liu, D, F Zhao, H Yang and G Tang. Thermoelectric mini cooler coupled with micro thermosiphon for CPU cooling system, Energy, Vol.83, pp.29-36, April 2015.
· Zhang, W, H Yang, P Cui, L Lu, N Diao and Z Fang. Study on spiral source models revealing groundwater transfusion effects on pile foundation ground heat exchangers, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.84, pp.119-129, May 2015.
· Peng, J, L Lu, H Yang and T Ma. Validation of the Sandia model with indoor and outdoor measurements for semi-transparent amorphous silicon PV modules, Renewable Energy, Vol.80, pp.316-323, Aug 2015.
· Bingzhi Zhang, Jian Lv, Hongxing Yang, Tailu Li and Shengfeng Ren. Performance analysis of a heat pipe PV/T system with different circulation tank capacities, Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 87, pp.89-97, August 2015.
· Gao, X, H Yan, L Lu and P Koo. Wind turbine layout optimization using multi-population genetic algorithm and a case study in Hong Kong offshore, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, p.88-89, Vol.139, April 2015.
· Ma, T, H Yang, L Lu, Y Zhang and X Wang. Using phase change materials in photovoltaic systems for thermal regulation and electrical efficiency improvement: a review and outlook, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.43, pp.1273-1284, March 2015.
· Peng. J, L Lu, H Yang and T Ma. Comparative study of the thermal and power performances of a semi-transparent photovoltaic façade under different ventilation modes, Applied Energy, Vol.138, pp.572–583, Jan 2015.
· Ma, Tao, H Yang and L Lu. Study on stand-alone power supply options for an isolated community, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol.65, pp.1-11, Feb 2015.
· Ma, T, and H Yang. Pumped storage-based standalone photovoltaic power generation system: modelling and techno-economic optimization, Applied Energy, Vol.137, pp.649-659, Jan 2015.
· Wang, S, Y. Zhou, Md. Mahbub Alam and H. Yang. Turbulent intensity and Reynolds number effects on an airfoil at low Reynolds numbers, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 26, pp.115107-1-25, Nov, 2014.
· Luo, Y, H Yang and L Lu. Dynamic and microscopic simulation of the counter-current flow in a liquid desiccant dehumidifier, Applied Energy, Vol.136, pp.1018-1025, 2014.
· Gao, X, H Yang and L Lu. Study on offshore wind power potential and wind farm optimization in Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.130, pp.519-531, October 2014.
· Luo, Y, S Shao, H Xu, C Tian and H Yang. Experimental and theoretical research of a fin-tube type internally-cooled liquid desiccant dehumidifier, Applied Energy, Vol.133, pp.127-134, November 2014.
· Gao, X, H Yang and L Lu. Investigation into the optimal wind turbine layout patterns for a Hong Kong offshore wind farm, Energy, Vol.73, pp.430-442, August 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. Solar photovoltaic system modeling and performance prediction, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.36, pp.304-315, August 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. Feasibility study and economic analysis of pumped hydro storage and battery storage for a renewable energy powered island, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol.79, pp.387-397, March 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang, L Lu and J Peng. Technical feasibility study on a standalone hybrid solar-wind system with pumped hydro storage for a remote island in Hong Kong, Renewable Energy, Vol.69, pp.7-15, Sep 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. A feasibility study of a stand-alone hybrid solar–wind–battery system for a remote island, Applied Energy, Vol.121, Pages 149-15815, May 2014.
· Ma, T, P Østergaard, H Lund, H Yang and L Lu. An energy system model for Hong Kong in 2020, Energy, Vol.68, pp.301-310, April 2014.
· Wang, Hai, Hongxing Yang and Lin Lu. Blue phase-mixed anatase–rutile TiO2 heterogeneous junction composites: surface defect-induced reconstruction by F ion and superior lithium-storage properties, RSC Advances, Vol.4, pp.43346-43350, 2014.
· Wang, H, H Yang and L Lu. Topochemical synthesis of Bi2O3 microribbons derived from a bismuth oxalate precursor as high-performance lithium-ion batteries, RSC Advances, pp.17483–17489, April 2014.
· Zhang, W, H Yang, L Lu, P Cui and Z Fang. The research on ring-coil heat transfer models of pile foundation ground heat exchangers in the case of groundwater seepage, Energy and Buildings, Vol.71, pp.115-128, March 2014.
· Luo, Y, H Yang, L Lu and R Qi. A review of the mathematical models for predicting the heat and mass transfer process in the liquid desiccant dehumidifier, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.31, pp.587-599, March 2014.
· Qi, R, L Lu and H Yang. Quick performance prediction for internally cooled/heated liquid desiccant dehumidification system, Building Services Engineering and Research Technologies, Vol.35(1), pp.99–112, Jan 2014.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu, Development of a model to simulate the performance characteristics of crystalline silicon photovoltaic modules/strings/arrays, Solar Energy, Vol.100, pp.31-41, Feb 2014.
· Luo, Y, H Yang and L Lu. Liquid desiccant dehumidifier: Development of a new performance predication model based on CFD, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.69, pp.408-416, Feb 2014.
· Che, Q, H Yang, L Lu and Y Wang. Preparation of lead-free nanoglass frit powder for crystalline silicon solar cells, Applied Energy, Vol.112, pp.657-662, December 2013.
· Qi, R, L Lu, H Yang and F Qin. Investigation on wetted area and film thickness for falling film liquid desiccant regeneration system, Applied Energy, Vol.112, pp.93-101, December 2013.
· Qi, R, L Lu, H Yang and F Qin. Influence of plate surface temperature on the wetted area and system performance for falling film liquid desiccant regeneration system, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.64, pp.1003-1013, September 2013.
· Qi, R, L Lu and H Yang. Development of simplified prediction model for internally cooled/heated liquid desiccant dehumidification system, Energy and Buildings, Vol.59, pp.133-142, April 2013.
· Peng, J, L Lu and H Yang. An experimental study of the thermal performance of a novel photovoltaic double-skin facade in Hong Kong. Solar Energy, Vol.97, pp.293-304, November 2013.
· Peng, J, L Lu and H Yang. Investigation on the annual thermal performance of a photovoltaic wall mounted on a multi-layer façade, Applied Energy, Vol.112, pp.646-656, December 2013.
· Wang, Z, H Yang and S Chen. Study on the operating performance of cross hot-gas bypass defrosting system for air-to-water screw heat pumps. Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.59, pp.398-404, 2013.
· Ma, T, H Yang and L Lu. Performance evaluation of a stand-alone photovoltaic system on an isolated island in Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.112, pp.663-672, 2013.
· Wang, Y, L Lu, H Yang and Q Che. Development of high dispersed TiO2 paste for transparent screen-printable self-cleaning coatings on glass, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, Vol. 15, No.1384, Jan 2013.
· Wang, H, H Yang, L Lu, Y Zhou and Y Wang. Building self-ordered tubular macro- and mesoporous nitridated titania from gas bubbles towards high-performance lithium-ion batteries, Dalton Trans., Vol.42, No.24, pp.8781-8787, June 2013.
· Han, J, L Lu, J Peng and H Yang. Performance of ventilated double-sided PV façade compared with conventional clear glass façade, Energy and Buildings, Vol.56, pp.204-209, 2013.
· Zhang, W, H Yang, L Lu and Z Fang. The analysis on solid cylindrical heat source model of foundation pile ground heat exchangers with groundwater flow, Energy, Vol.55, pp.417-425, June 2013.
· Chen, J, H Yang, C. P. Liu, C. H. Lau and M. Loa. A novel vertical axis water turbine for power generation from water pipelines, Energy, Vol.54, pp.184-193, 2013.
· Wong, Irene and H Yang. Study on remote source solar lighting system application in high-rise residential buildings in Hong Kong, Energy and Buildings, Vol.60, pp.225-231, 2013.
· Che, Q, H Yang, L Lu and Y Wang. Nanoparticles-aided silver front contact paste for crystalline silicon solar cells, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, Vol.4, No.2, pp.524-528, 2013.
· Peng, J, L Lu and H Yang. Review on life cycle assessment of energy payback and greenhouse gas emission of solar photovoltaic systems, Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.19, pp.255- 274, March 2013.
· Che, Q, H Yang, L Lu and Y Wang. A new environmental friendly silver front contact paste for crystalline silicon solar cells, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol.549, pp.221-225, Feb 2013.
· Kumbernuss, J, J. Chen, H.X. Yang and L. Lu. Investigation into the relationship of the overlap ratio and shift angle of double stage three bladed vertical axis wind turbine (VAWT), Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol.107–108, pp.57-752012, Aug–Sep 2012.
· Luo Yimo, S Shao, F Qin, C Tian, and H Yang. Investigation on feasibility of ionic liquids used in solar liquid desiccant air conditioning system, Solar Energy, Vol.86, No.9, pp.2718 -2724, Sep 2012.
· Zhang W, H Yang, L Lu and Z Fang. Investigation on heat transfer around buried coils of pile foundation heat exchangers for ground-coupled heat pump applications Investigations, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, No.21-22, Vol.55, pp.6023-6031, 2012.
· Chen Xi and H Yang. Performance analysis of a proposed solar assisted ground heat pump system, Applied Energy, Vol.97, pp.888-896, Sep 2012.
· Man, Y, H Yang, J Wang and Z Fang. In situ operation performance test of ground coupled heat pump system for cooling and heating provision in temperate zone, Applied Energy, Vol.97, pp.913-920, Sep 2012.
· Qi, R.H., L. Lu and H.X. Yang. Investigation on air-conditioning load profile and energy consumption of desiccant cooling system for commercial buildings in Hong Kong. Energy and Buildings, Vol.49, pp.509-518, June 2012.
· Chuanta Lin, Hongxing Yang and Zuojin Zhu. Numerical exploration of 1+2 type laminar natural convection in a differentially heated square cavity using Chebyshev spectral collocation method, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.39, No.5, pp.593–597, May 2012.
· Wei Zhou, Hongxing Yang, Markku Rissanen, Bertil Nygren and Jinyue Yan. Decrease of energy demand for bioethanol-based polygeneration system through case study, Applied Energy, Vol.95, pp.305-311, July 2012.
· Irene Wong, H. L. Choi and H. X. Yang. Simulation and experimental studies on natural lighting in enclosed lift lobbies of highrise residential buildings by remote source solar lighting, Vol.92, No.4, pp.705-713, Applied Energy, April 2012.
· Chen, J, J Kumbernuss, L Zhang, L LU and H Yang. Influence of phase-shift and overlap ratio on Savonius wind turbine’s performance, ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol.134, No.1, Feb 2012.
· Kumbernuss, J, J Chen, J Wang, H Yang and W Fu. A novel magnetic levitated bearing system for Vertical Axis Wind Turbines (VAWT), Applied Energy, Vo.90, No.1, pp.148-153, Feb 2012.
· Sun, L, L Lu and H Yang. Optimum design of shading-type building-integrated photovoltaic claddings with different surface azimuth angles, Applied Energy, Vol.90, No.1, pp.233-240, February 2012.
· Irene Wong and H Yang. Introducing natural lighting into the enclosed lift lobbies of highrise buildings by remote source lighting system, Applied Energy, Vol.90, No.1, pp.225-232, Feb 2012.
· Man, Y, H Yang, N Diao, P Cui, L Lu and Z Fang. Heat transfer analysis of pile geothermal heat exchangers with spiral coils, HVACR Research, Vol.17, No.6, Dec 2011.
· Chen Xi, H Yang, L Lu, J Wang and W Liu. Experimental studies on a ground coupled heat pump with solar thermal collectors for space heating, Energy, Vol.36, No.8, pp.5292-5300, August 2011.
· Yang, H, Y Li, L Lu and R Qi. First order multivariate Markov chain model for generating annual weather data for Hong Kong, Energy and Buildings, Vol.43, No.9, pp.2371-2377, Sep 2011.
· Man, Y, H Yang, J Spitler and Z Fang. Feasibility study on novel hybrid ground coupled heat pump system with nocturnal cooling radiator for cooling load dominated buildings, Applied Energy, Volume 88, Issue 11, pp.4160-4171, Nov 2011.
· Chen, X, L Lu and H Yang. Long term operation of a solar assisted ground coupled heat pump system for space heating and domestic hot water, Energy and Buildings, Vol.43, No.8, pp.1835-1844, 2011.
· Zhou, Y, M M Alam, H Yang, H Guo and D Wood. Fluid forces on a very low Reynolds number airfoil and their prediction, International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, No.1, pp.329-339, Feb 2011.
· Leung Dennis Y C, Hongxing Yang and Jinyue Yan. Editorial for the special issue “Novel studies on hydrogen, fuel cell and battery energy systems, Energy Research, Vol.35, No.1, Jan 2011.
· Li, Y, L Lu and H Yang. Energy and economic performance analysis of an open cycle solar desiccant dehumidification air conditioning system for application in Hong Kong, Solar Energy, Vo.84, No.12, pp.2085–2095, December 2010.
· Lu, L and H Yang. Environmental payback time analysis of a roof-mounted building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) system in Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.12, pp.3625-3631, December 2010.
· Wang, Y, H Yang and L Lu. Three-dimensional double deck meshlike dye-sensitized solar cells, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol.108, No.6, Sep. 2010.
· Han, J, L Lin and H Yang. Numerical evaluation of the mixed convective heat transfer in a double-pane window integrated with see-through a-Si PV cells with low-e coatings, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.11, pp.3431-3437, Nov 2010.
· Li, Y and H Yang. Experimental study of an open cycle solar collector/regenerator using liquid desiccant for air conditioning, Vol.7, No.3, pp.273 – 288, International Journal of Green Energy, 2010.
· Man, Y, Yang H and J Wang. Study on hybrid ground-coupled heat pump system for air-conditioning in hot-weather area like Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.9, pp.2826-2833, Sep 2010.
· Li, H and H Yang. Study on performance of solar assisted air source heat pump systems for hot water production in Hong Kong, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.9, pp.2818-2825, September 2010.
· Wang, Y, H Yang, H Wang, Y Liu and H Shen. The use of Ti meshes with self-organized TiO2 nanotubes as photoanodes of all-Ti dye-sensitized solar cells, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, Vol.18, pp.285–290, 2010.
· Cheng, T, T Chen, H Yang an T Chung. A generalized window energy rating system for typical office buildings, Solar Energy, Vol.84, pp.1232–1243, 2010.
· Man, Y, H Yang, N Diao, J Liu and Z Fang. A new model and analytical solutions for borehole and pile ground heat exchangers, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.53, No.13-14, pp.2593-2601, June 2010.
· Sun, L and H Yang. Impacts of the Shading-Type Building-Integrated Photovoltaic Claddings on Electricity Generation and Cooling Load Component through Shaded Windows, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp.455-460, April 2010.
· Mahbub, Alam Md, Y. Zhou, H. X. Yang, H. Guo and J. Mi. The ultra-low Reynolds number airfoil wake, Experiments in Fluids, Vol.48, No.1, pp.81-103, Jan 2010.
· Wang, Y, H Yang and H Xu. DNA-like dye-sensitized solar cells based on TiO2 nanowire-covered nanotube bilayer film electrodes, Materials Letters, Vol.64, No.2, Jan 2010.
· Zhu, Z, H Yang and T Chen. Numerical study of turbulent heat and fluid flow in a straight square duct at higher Reynolds numbers, submitted to International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.53, No.1-3, pp.356–364, Jan 2010.
· Zhou, W, H Yang and L Lu. Current status of research on optimum sizing of stand-alone hybrid solar-wind power generation system, Applied Energy, Vol.87, No.2, pp.380-389, February 2010.
· Yang, H, P Cui and Z Fang. Vertical-borehole ground-coupled heat pumps: A review of models and systems, Applied Energy, Vo.87, No.1, pp.16-27, 2010.
· Wang, Y, Liu Y, Yang H, Wang H, Shen H, Li M, Yan J. An investigation of DNA-like structured dye-sensitized solar cells, Current Applied Physics, No.1, Vo.10, pp.119-123, Jan 2010.
· Zhu, Z, H Yang and T Chen. Direct numerical simulation of turbulent flow in a straight square duct at Reynolds number 600, Journal of Hydrodynamics, Ser. B, Volume 21, Issue 5, pp.600-607, October 2009.
· Han, J, L Lu and H Yang. Thermal behavior of a novel type see-through glazing system with integrated PV cells, Building and Environment, Vol.44, No.10, pp.2129-2136, Oct 2009.
· Wang, H, Y Liu, H Huang, M Zhong, H Shen, Y Wang and H Yang. Low resistance dye-sensitized solar cells based on all-titanium substrates using wires and sheets, Applied Surface Science, No. 22, Vol.255, pp.9020-9025, Aug 2009.
· Cui, P, H Yang and Z Fang. Energy and exergy analysis of hybrid ground coupled heat pumps with hot water supply, accepted by International Journal of Exergy, Vol.6, No.3, pp.388-404, 2009.
· Han, J, H Yang and L Lu. Investigation on the thermal performance of different lightweight aluminum standing-seam roofing structure, Applied Thermal Energy, Vol.29, pp.2491-2499, 2009.
· Yang, H, T Chen and Z Zhu. Numerical study of forced turbulent heat convection in a straight square duct, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.52, pp.3128-3136, 2009.
· Wang, H, Y Liu, H Xu, X Dong, H Shen, Y Wang and H Yang. An investigation on the novel structure of dye-sensitized solar cell with integrated photoanode, Vol.34, No.6, pp.1635-1638, Renewable Energy, 2009.
· Yang, H, and Zhou W and Lou C. Optimum design and techno-economic analysis of a hybrid solar-wind power generation system, Applied Energy, No.2, Vol.86, pp.163-169, Feb 2009.
· Yan, J, E. Dahlquist and H. Yang. Guest editorial for a special issue on green energy, Energy Research, Vol.32, July 2008.
· Hao, X, H Yang and G Zhang. Trigeneration: a new way for landfill gas utilization and its feasibility in Hong Kong, International Journal of Energy Policy, No.10, Vol.36, 2008.
· Man, Y, H Yang, and Z Fang. Study on hybrid ground-coupled heat pump systems, Energy and Buildings, No.11, Vol.40, pp.2028–2036, 2008.
· Cui, P, H Yang, J D Spitler and Z Fang. Simulation of hybrid ground-coupled heat pump with domestic hot water heating systems using HVACSIM+, Energy and Buildings, Vol.40, No.9, pp.1731-1736, June, 2008.
· Li, Y and Yang Hongxing. Investigation on solar desiccant dehumidification process for energy conservation of central air-conditioning systems, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.28, No.10, pp.1118-1126, July 2008.
· Yang H and Zhu Z. Numerical study of three dimensional turbulent natural convection in a differentially heated air-filled tall cavity, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.35, No.5, pp.606-612, 2008.
· Yang, H, W Zhou and Z Fang. Optimal sizing method for stand-alone hybrid solar–wind system with LPSP technology by using genetic algorithm, Solar Energy, Vol.82, No.4, pp.354-367, April 2008.
· Yang H., Zhou Wei, Lu Lin and Fang Zhaohong. Battery behavior prediction and battery working states analysis of a hybrid solar-wind power generation system, Renewable Energy, Vol.33, pp.1413-1423, 2008.
· Cui Ping, Yang H and Fang Z. Numerical analysis and experimental validation of heat transfer in ground heat exchangers in alternative operation modes, Energy and Buildings, Vol.40, No.6, pp.1060-1066, 2008.
· Fung, Y and H Yang. Study on thermal performance of semi-transparent BIPV glazing, Energy and Buildings, Vol.40, No.3, pp.341-350, 2008.
· Yang, H, L. Lu and W. Zhou. A novel optimization sizing model for hybrid solar-wind power generation system, Solar Energy, Vol.81, No.1, pp.76-84, January 2007.
· Zhou Wei, Hongxing Yang and Zhaohong Fang. A novel model for PV array energy performance prediction, Applied Energy, Vol. 84, No.12, pp.1187-1198, 2007.
· Ren, C and Hongxing Yang. An analytical model for the heat and mass transfer processes in indirect evaporative cooling with parallel/counter flow configurations, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.49, pp.617-627, 2006.
· Yang, H and Z. Zhu. Numerical simulation of turbulent Rayleigh-Benard convection International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.33, pp.184-190, 2006.
· An, D, Z Wang, S. Zhang and H. Yang. Low-temperature pyrolysis of municipal solid waste: influence of final pyrolysis temperature on the characteristic of solid fuel, International Journal of Energy Research, No.5, Vol.30, pp.273-364, 2006.
· Cui, Ping, H. Yang and Z. Fang. Heat transfer analysis of ground heat exchangers with inclined boreholes, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.26, No.11-12, pp.1169-1175, 2006.
· Zhou, Wei, H. Yang and Z. Fang, Wind power potential and characteristic analysis of the Pearl River Delter region, China, Renewable Energy, Vol.31, pp.739-753, 2006.
· Yang, H, C. Ren and P. Cui. Study on performance correlations of an indirect evaporative cooler with condensation from primary airflow, ASHRAE HVAC&R Research, Vo.12, No.3, pp.519-532, July 2006.
· Yang, H and Z Zhu. Exploring super-critical properties of secondary flows of natural convection in inclined channels, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.47, No.6-7, pp.1217-1226, 2004.
· Yang, H, G Zheng, D. An, C. Lou and J Burnett, Grid-connected building-integrated photovoltaics: A Hong Kong case study, Solar Energy, Vol.76, No.1-3, pp.55-59, 2004.
· Lin Lu and H.X. Yang. A study on simulation of power output and practical models for building-integrated photovoltaic systems, ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Vol.126, pp.1-7, 2004.
· Yang, H and Z. Zhu. Numerical study on transient laminar natural Convection in an inclined parallel-walled channel, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.30, No.3, pp.359-367, 2003.
· Yang, H, L Lu and J Burnett. Weather data and probability analysis of hybrid photovoltaic-wind power generation systems in Hong Kong, Renewable Energy, Vol.28, No.11, pp.1813-1824, 2003.
· Ai Bin, H Yang, H Shen and X Liao. Computer-aided design of PV/wind hybrid system, Renewable Energy, Vol.28, No.10, pp.1491-1512, 2003.
· Zhu, Z and H Yang. Numerical investigation of transient laminar natural convection of air in a tall cavity, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol.39, pp.579-587, 2003.
· Zuojin Zhu and Hongxing Yang. Discrete Hilbert transformation and its application to estimate the wind speed in Hong Kong, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol.90, pp.9-18, 2002.
· Lin Lu, Hongxing Yang and John Burnett. Investigation on wind potential on Hong Kong islands – an analysis of wind power and wind turbine characteristics, Renewable Energy, Vol.27, pp.1-12, 2002.
· Yang, H, Zuojin Zhu and John Gilleard. Numerical simulation of thermal fluid instability between two horizontal parallel plates, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol 44, No.8, pp.1485-1493, 2001.
· Yang, H, J Burnett, K Lau and L Lu. Comparing central and split air-conditioning systems, ASHRAE Journal, Vol.43, No.5, pp.1-3, May 2001.
· Yang, H, J Ji and John Burnett. Simple Approach to cooling load component calculation through PV-walls, Energy and Buildings, Vol.31, No.3, pp.285-290, 2000.
· Yang, H and Z Zhu and J Burnett. Simulation study on TIM application in residential buildings in Northern China, Applied Energy, No.67, pp.293-306, 2000.
· Brinkworth, B, R Marshall and H Yang. Thermal regulation of photovoltaic cladding, Solar Energy, Vol.61, No.3, pp.169-178, 1997.
Professional book publications
· Yang Hongxing, Lu Lin, Peng Jinqing and Zhou Wei. Application of Solar Energy Technologies. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-112-18286-2), Second Edition, October 2015. 杨洪兴，吕琳，彭晋卿，周伟著：《太阳能建筑一体化技术与应用》。中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-18286-2，2009年1月第一版，2015年10月第二版。
· Yang Hongxing. Engineering Projects of Building-Integrated Photovoltaics. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-112-13985-9), May 2012. 杨洪兴著：《太阳能光伏建筑一体化工程实例》。中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-13985-9, 2012年5月第一版。
· Yang Hongxing, Lu Lin and Ma Tao. Application of Hybrid Solar-Wind Power Generation Technologies. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-112-17328-0), January 2015. 杨洪兴，吕琳，马涛著：《太阳能-风能互补发电技术及应用》。中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-17328-0，2015年1月第一版。
· Fu Xiaoping, Yang Hongxing and An Dawei. Operation and Performance Management of Central Air-Conditioning Systems. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-302-2420-958), Third Edition, December 2015. 付小平，杨洪兴，安大伟著：《中央空调系统运行管理》，清华大学出版社，ISBN 9787302420958，2015年12月第三版。
· Zhang Qingyuan and Yang Hongxing. Typical Meteorological Database Handbook for Buildings. China Construction Industrial Press, Beijing (in Chinese: ISBN 978-7-112-13770-1), March 2012. 张晴原，杨洪兴著：《建筑用标准气象数据手册》，中国建筑工业出版社，ISBN 978-7-112-13770-1，2012年3月第一版。
· Yang Hongxing, Jiang Ximen, Wang Yuanhao and Chen Xi. Green Buildings: Renewable Applications in Buildings (in Chinese，to be published in early 2017). 杨洪兴, 姜希猛, 汪远昊, 陈曦著：《绿色建筑发展与可再生能源应用》，中国铁道出版社，预计2017年初出版。